Getting Personal about my family and my roots.

It's been an emotional time for me. First exploring my dad's roots in Eastern Kentucky, and then reliving my Ohio cousin's opioid addiction.

I was born in Ohio, and my dad has Eastern Kentucky roots. I guess I'm at that age where my family roots are becoming more important.

A couple stories I did recently made me emotional. One was my dad visiting his three room schoolhouse and talking about his tough life growing up. Here's a clip from "Our Journeys Home" Would he still take the road from this 3 room schoolhouse in the hills of Eastern Kentucky to Ohio, if he had the chance all over again? AND I learn I have a famous cousin!!!

Here's my reaction when I was told...

Journeys Home will air June 6. Watch for it.

And along the same lines and another emotional time for me...


And then I did a long interview with the Ohio Attorney General.

The U.S. is in the midst of a major opioid crisis, an issue Morning Express host Robin Meade has a particularly strong connection to. This morning, Meade, an Ohio native, conducted a whopping 16-minute interview with Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine about the problem that has been inflicting wounds on families across the nation.

Meade revealed to the AG and on-air that her cousin, also an Ohio native, had been prescribed these painkillers for years, and was eventually killed by them. “One day, my cousin took a nap, and never woke up,” she recalled.



If you want to learn more about me and what formed my personality. Check these links.

Growing Up

High School and College

My early career


Special Events performances

No comments:

Post a Comment