Ask Me Anything Reddit - Personal Stuff


And some personal stuff
Handling anxiety...
its different for everyperson but one very good tip is to try to stay in the present instead of day dreaming forward imagining all the terrible things that can happen if you fail. that's just a movie we make up in our heads, ya know?
I put to rest an urban legend about me smoking...
dont smoke, never did. i depend on my voice! this is a funny urban legend i guess because of a few things 1) i have a deep voice especially when i'm tired. the more tired, the lower it gets. 2)this video is NOT a pack of cigarettes on the anchor desk. its an old flip camera that was hot then at the time. i'd shoot some of my podcast during the commercial breaks with it to give people a behind the scenes look. but thank you for your concern.
My sleep schedule, of course...
I wake up at 2:30 am, if I have to wash and blow dry my hair; but 3:00 am if I am not washing my hair. Those are the days I wear my hair in a braid! I wake up at 3:30a, if I don't care about hygiene. Just kidding! lol. ;)
I should go to bed at 7, but can't say I always do...I threaten when I retire I'm going to sleep for a full year.
O-H... I recommend people new to this shift to not take a nap! Doesn't that make you feel like you got hit by a Mack truck when you wake up! Most of the production crew do a "split-sleep" schedule: go home and sleep as soon as the show is over and then nap just before coming in (some as early at 11:30p the day before). But the on-air crew, most of us try to go to bed early and sleep 8 hours straight before coming in.
like who's my girl crush...
I don't think I have one...
Marijuana user?
nope never have. i was the preachers goody two shoe daughter. lol.

I got asked about dating...
Actually there's a great international farmers' market here in Atlanta and it's a great place to go and explore foods you've never seen! If I was dating, that'd be a great way to get to know someone and it's free to walk around!
Some people want to know how I stay in shape...
I'd much rather diet than workout any day, but at least with this treadmill at work I trick myself into moving https://twitter.com/AlexThomasHLN/status/451382447746187265/photo/1
and some tricks that make me look good...
Honey, that is all smoke and mirrors! Thank you Mr. Lighting Director. ;)
One brought back a memory from growing up... talking about coasters at Cedar Point amusement park in Ohio.
you are a brave soul apparently! believe it or not i'm not a big fan of the coasters! but i used to work at cedar point in the summers for two years in college. now, i have a little condo there that i go to close by when visiting my family in ohio a ffew times a year. so its still close to m heart! what new rides are they bringing in this year? i remember reading something about it. bet your exctied.
My white teeth...
My fab dentist!
What do I like to do passionately?
I love writing the most, songs and news.
About my personality...
i guess people have probably always regarded me as a bit on the over-excited scale lol. but i think what you're seeing is this: a real passion for what i do, but also an excitement to impact you whether its with information or as an entertainer. even at parties. i gotta make ya laugh. lol. now.....give me a checkbook, or a balance sheet...i lose all energy.
How Many Pairs of shoes do I have?
I've lost count! But when there is no longer space in my closet for them I have a policy that I must give a pair away to make room! Ask outr business anchor Jennifer Westhoven, she's gotten so many of my shoes! However, just the other day I was told I was wearing my boots too late in the season!!!
Where do I shop?
BostonProper.com, ruelala.com & INC at Macys! and more

And of course there was sex talk...
thank you BOTH for what you do! glad to know you are watching. i joke with spouses "he or she may wake with me, but they go to bed with you". its a good line. lol.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to have a three way with Robin. Has she ever been with a female before?

    ReplyDelete